D-6 Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

What are you currently reading?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

What are you currently reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 12:47 am

I'm ashamed to say that I'm not reading anything at the moment, yet my backlog is huge.

In terms of Metro stuff, I have two novels from the Universe series in Polish that I still haven't read (and another one recently came out - it's set in my hometown, so I'm definitely getting that one as well).
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 10:12 am

Only 100 or so pages into Väinö Linna's Unknown Soldiers and loving every page of it so far. I'm a sucker for war films and novels, so this is right up my alley. On top of that the author is very critical of patriotism, the military, nationalism, and war in general. Kinda reminds me of Popiół i diament. I'm reading the English translation of course - I'd be amazed if my Finnish will ever be good enough to read books - and it's really well-written; it is also a much better translation than the English version of Metro 2033 (using that as a reference as I think it's something most of us here have read). One of the most likeable characters so far is Lahtinen, one of the Finnish machine-gunners who is also a commie and something of a Russian sympathiser. Hope he makes it through. On a side note, I'm so glad they used the original cover for the version I own. It looks absolutely badass.

Finnish cover:

English Penguin cover:
Back to top Go down
RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBambo

Bullets : 14

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 6:30 pm

This forum.
As for books, I am going through Metro's graphic novel set in America... Outposts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D-6 Underground :: Off-Topic :: Books & Comics-
Jump to: