D-6 Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Count to 2033

Go down 
+4
Bamul
Skaara Dreadlocks
MrKomo
The Great and Mystical Ed
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

Bullets : 2248

Count to 2033 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Yea yeah, a small fortune :-0 and Good observations there dude! Yeah, the old man I bought it from had it painted 2-years ago. He had it parked under a porch all that time, so it was well protected from those harmful UV-rays. It's really 100% original. Maybe one or two cosmetic things were changed over the course of its life, along with some of the rubber hosing, so not bad for a 47-48 year old vehicle.
As for rust, literally none on the exterior. That is unheard of for one of these vehicles. Engine compartment parts has some surface oxidation and looks brown in color. But that's just surface rust that can easily be cleaned up. The only 'rust' would be in the front driver and passenger floor. It's very minor, and its still very superficial. That's a no biggie.

I've been putting in a lot of work since I got it. a lot of old gaskets and weather-stripping have been replaced. Carb has been cleaned up. Thermostat replaced. Brake and clutched master cylinder replaced. Engine valves have been adjusted. I can post more pics for you if you'd like. I'm at work right now so I'm unable to ATM.

And I hear yeah. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side when it comes to living in another place. I mean, I feel like there really isn't much to do over hear. If there isn't a good movie to watch in theaters and I'm not out in the desert with my pals; we often find ourselves just asking each other "what do you want to do?" over and over with no progression to doing something fun.

How's it over there in Norway? Do you feel like you have plenty of things to do for fun? How bout' you Bamul? Anyone else?

Back to top Go down
https://d-6underground.forumotion.com
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

Bullets : 205

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 am

Nice, that is indeed a lot of work, I'd love to see some more pictures!

Well, over the course of three days recently, it FINALLY snowed a lot for a change, but as usual it didn't last, and it's pouring down outside right now so it's all turning to slush, and tomorrow it'll all be frozen so it's like driving on.... well, it's pretty much indescribable. It's like sitting inside a tumbler. When winter comes, everyone's like "Yay, I love snow, it's so pretty and now we can go skiing!". Then we go skiing once, and already long before New Year we're looking forward to summer.

We've got the exact same problem as you; Sitting inside and going "What do you wanna do?" "Oh Idk let's watch a movie". "If only we had summer, we could go outside and do stuff". And in summer, in Norway, you can, because the temperature is mostly comfortable Smile Well, at least it's like this around the coast where the temperature is a little warmer than most other places in the country.

For me it's mostly riding my motorcycle at summer :D
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 pm

100 !!!!
Fo-sho. Pictures to come in the following days. Guns

Yeah, snow is awesome man! I mean, where I come from I get it for a couple of days and that's it. Im sure i'd been in the same situation you're in if I lived in a snowy, wintery, place. And that's badass that you can ski..... Well, I have plans. I've never been skiing. I guess when I go visit Norway (who knows when) you can take me to the most advanced skiing mountain. I'll wear bright neon appeal (like a total noob) and tackle the task head on. I'll be able to stand, for about four-second, and, for the remainder of my descent, I will be tumbling down the mountain yelling "cykaaa blyattt!!!"

As for the dilemma on not know what to do for fun: good to know I'm not the only one Laugh

Cool bro, so have you done anything else to your hog?
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Laugh  
Yeah, Slalom is awesome. It feels really really great, and it's quite a rush going zigzaggety downhill at such speeds! Smile I went skiing a couple weeks ago, and plan on going again at least one more time this winter. I hurt my shoulder and chest though, and it's soon been two weeks since it happened and I still can't sleep on my right side, lol, so I think I'll let it heal properly before I go back out again.

Haven't done much to my motorcycle, no.... yet. I've got big plans though; new exhaust, tail light, headlight-grille, windscreen and/or fairing, and I'm considering white-wall or white-stripe tires with an inner red line on the edge of the rim, just to give the bike a little more contrast to stand out a little so it's not ALL black.

Also, definitely getting this: (Just skip to 0:44)
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 12:14 am

yeah bro, good idea on letting your body recover. No need to end up screwing yourself for a few moments of enjoyment. Good on ya m8!!!

Oh danggg!! Now that's a horn. BeEEEEEEEP! It would be pretty badass seeing you use that. It WILL definitely rattle those around it when it goes off. LOL. Ya know, I've wanted to get a new set of vehicle air-horns as well.  I'm not sure if you remember the way the subway-carts, from Metro 2033, sound  like. They usually sound their horn when they approach the player during a cinematic scene or when you enter a metro station....Hmmm, I found a clip. It sounded better in my head. Hearing that horn, while 'in-game,' made me feel safe just knowing I was within reach of civilization.

Go to 6:50
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 am

Yeah, I see what you mean, that'd be awesome on that red Land Cruiser!
Also, I think the horn on that ranger vehicle is rather similar to the trainhorns, although the trainhorns are a bit more powerful, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 pm

yeah man, I haven't gotten around to taking those pictures yet. As dumb as it might sound, i've been pretty busy (even just to snap a few pics). As 'pristine' as the Toyota might be, all the rubber parts are needing replacing. Like I mentioned; gaskets, seals, etc......One of the major rubber parts is the tires. My left rear one leaks air. The spare that I got in the back has the valve stem almost completely sheared off ; however, it still hold pressure.  I had to drive to work with a leaking tire to the fire station. when I got there, they shipped me out to 2-more stations across the city throughout the day. Pretty stressful, but I made it.

Anyway, I'm gonna change out those white wheels that are on there, skaara. Im looking to getting a new set of  wheels.  Some that were shipped out on Australian Toyotas; which, unfortunately are quite expensive....but  I like the look and tire selection more. In the meantime, i'll go to a used tire shop and purchase a temporary spare while I get the new wheels (3-4 weeks Blah )
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 am

It's so good to hear from you guys, glad you're both doing well. And that is a kickass car Nuclear! Biker  Haven't been on the forum lately as I'm pretty much squatting at my girl's place. We spend so much time together anyway and she wants me there pretty much 24/7, plus it's closer to our uni than my house so it's more convenient that way. We actually want to live together for the third year of uni; I got us a viewing for a place we've been looking at - we'll see it this Saturday. Smile In other news, my brother, girlfriend, mates, other comrades and I have been helping organise stuff for upcoming strike days for our lecturers. The cunts are cutting their pensions (while the VC continues to earn well upward of £250 000!), so we will be out on campus with them in solidarity. Hopefully it'll grow into a larger thing that connects students and workers at the university better, would be great to do an occupation of one of the buildings like there was a few years back, before I studied there.
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Saweeettt, nice to hear, brotha! Happy to hear everything is cheeki breeki. If you have the time, post some pics of your new place!! And damn, that sucks. I imagine things will go the way they should if you all do the strike. Not too many places like to hold a poor image and reputation for too long; especially if you make it public like you're planning to. Keep us updated. And don't forget to wear your balaclava:

Count to 2033 - Page 5 9835
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 3:50 pm

I will probs most pics of my new place on Skype, but that will be a good few months from now - maybe even as late as September, though preferably earlier.
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Coolz 108
I still have  pictures of my vehicle coming. I went out 4x4 in it a couple of times to the desert already. Of the two times I went, I got really, really,....REALLY stuck on a giant rock. I accidentally backed into it and got the bottom parts of the truck jammed up on it. My buddy, who luckily went along with me, was there to help dig it out. It took us an hour to do so.  He also took a few pics which i'll post...SOON!

Also, I feel like I should share this with you guys. I was shown, on television, during the summer time of last year when a NEWS lady stopped by the fire station and did a story. I wasn't interviewed or anything; i'm just show standing in the background a few times. Yay, now you can see my tall skinny self in all its glory. How long have we've know each other? 4+ years?

Just clicky on the picture of the zoomed in face. It should start playing.
http://cbs4local.com/news/local/el-paso-firefighters-brave-blistering-triple-digit-temperatures-to-keep-families-safe

I'm seen at:
@57
@1:28
@1:38
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:56 pm

This is pretty much how I act with my dogs xD

Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 11:00 am

Lookin' good, Nuclear. :P I've been shown on some videos in news related to strikes that are currently going on (with some of the banners we've made) as I have been really busy on the pickets. Don't wanna show that though as it's activism-related, so maybe on the Skype chat if anything haha.
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 am

Amazing how many things have happened in the past few weeks, both good and bad. Yesterday I got back from a short trip to Barcelona with my brother (it was great). I'm also back on anti-depressants, partly due to how some people have treated me, but things seem to be getting better and I'm generally managing. Don't really wanna post more about it up here though. How is everyone else doing?
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Doesn't look like anyone is checking in here anymore, but thought I might as well post here that I've been doing plenty of editing at the Metro Wiki lately - mostly about Metro Exodus and related topics, so feel free to check out the new info.
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 4:32 am

Bamul wrote:

Doesn't look like anyone is checking in here anymore, but thought I might as well post here that I've been doing plenty of editing at the Metro Wiki lately - mostly about Metro Exodus and related topics, so feel free to check out the new info.

I haven't been posting here in a long time now but weirdly enough I'm actually frequently checking in on the forum to see if anyone has posted anything.
My late response now is primarily because I've been moving to a new apartment and haven't had access to my computer in over two weeks.
It's a shame the metro forum isn't running anymore, with Metro Exodus coming up Smile
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Yeh, this forum has dwindled away. Im sure we'll get back some of our regulars talking on the forum once the new metro comes out. Im still very excited about it. I even went as far as making my spare tire cover metro themed  :p.....Im not sure how the skype page is doing ( i haven't been on there in ages); I do however frequent the discord page if anyone ever wants to chat.

Count to 2033 - Page 5 IMG_20180715_193602_1
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 am

NuclearWastE3 wrote:
Yeh, this forum has dwindled away. Im sure we'll get back some of our regulars talking on the forum once the new metro comes out. Im still very excited about it. I even went as far as making my spare tire cover metro themed  :p.....Im not sure how the skype page is doing ( i haven't been on there in ages); I do however frequent the discord page if anyone ever wants to chat.

Damn, that is so awesome! :D
How's that good ol' Land Cruiser coming along? I remember you had to change some old rotten bushings and other stuff, how'd that turn out?
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 1:58 am

It's nice to hear from yous))
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Skaara Dreadlocks wrote:
NuclearWastE3 wrote:

Damn, that is so awesome! :D
How's that good ol' Land Cruiser coming along? I remember you had to change some old rotten bushings and other stuff, how'd that turn out?

Yeah, alot of the old rubber parts: bushings, weather stripping, and hoses were quite brittle. Most of the old rubber has been replaced with OEM toyota parts. Im currently gonna focus on the intake/exhaust manifolds these days that I have off. Gonna replace the gasket along with freeing up a frozen intake/exhaust heat control valve. Other than that, it runs quite well. I haven't had to do much to it.

I rebuilt the carb a few months ago.  I cut out my own  floor mats for front and rear. I keep having to adjust the exhaust valves within the cylinder head for some reason. They seem to tighten up within 1000 mi of driving and I begin having trouble taking off from a dead stop.  A possible rebuild might be in the future for a cylinder head. Hopefully nothing with the pistons tho.

Other than that, I take it off roading every week. Smile I'll  post a picture, soon, where I found a rattlesnake and have  it posing in front of the cruiser.

Same old same old with me. can't say I've done much that's been exciting. Just hanging out with friends and going to work.

Any thing up with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 12:29 pm

I wish I could come up with a solution for you, but I haven't touched the inside of engines as much as I should've to be honest, so I'm not very experienced with it.
I assume you've changed the T-belt? If that is old and loose and possibly even missing a tooth or two, it could be the reason. That, or a loose running-wheel for the T-belt. But then again, if that jumped out of position then I suppose the intake valves most likely would adjust the same ammount as well.

I've had my old Toyota Carina, my first car, for four years now, but it's rusted up and recently passed 300.000km. It's soon up for inspection, and won't pass because of a blown bushing in a wishbone, rusted break lines and fuel lines, and some other stuff. I could fix it but the car isn't worth the money or the time and effort anymore, so I've bought a Lexus IS200! It's a really great car. Currently standing in the workshop for some rustjobs and changing a few parts, I'll post a pic of it once it's finished! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Well, I am engaged now and living with my fiancée haha. Also starting my last year of uni.

Nuclear, if you have an Instagram account then you could follow me and Skaara on there - we both have accounts (though I'd rather not share mine publicly on the forum, so I could send it to you over Skype or something). If you don't yet have an account, I highly recommend making one as I know you could upload plenty of awesome content there. Plus it's great for following your favourite tattoo artists, bands, memes, and so on.

Kodama
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Bamul wrote:
Well, I am engaged now and living with my fiancée haha. Also starting my last year of uni.

Oh wow, engaged! How long? And when're yee gett'n married?

Bamul wrote:
Plus it's great for following your favourite tattoo artists, bands, memes, and so on.

And looking at photos of russian biker babes all day long ;)

A couple of months ago I moved out from the little semi-basement I lived in and am now living with my girlfriend at a place with a secluded backyard with apple trees and a big terrace and a great ocean-view. The apartment is 65 square meters compared to the old one that was 45. We've painted the walls to our liking and renovated a little bit so the place looks so great now and has sooo much more space, it's great :D
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Skaara Dreadlocks wrote:
I assume you've changed the T-belt? If that is old and loose and possibly even missing a tooth or two, it could be the reason.

Nah, I haven't replaced that yet. I will add it to my list of "to-do" things. It's pretty well into the engine  bay and not much room for using tools; and just thinking about that deters me from doing it :P  I've run into further problem with the intake/exhaust manifold. First, one of the bolts to remove them was sheared off by the previous owner. I'll have fun extracting that. Also, I was able to take a look at my valves from the side of the engine. about 4 of them are full of sludge. Im soaking them with some diesel fuel and see if that will soften the crud out. All the carbon and soot is baked on.

Skaara Dreadlocks wrote:
I've had my old Toyota Carina, my first car, for four years now, but it's rusted.........  so I've bought a Lexus IS200! It's a really great car. Currently standing in the workshop for some rustjobs and changing a few parts, I'll post a pic of it once it's finished! Smile

Dang, that sucks, but at least you got yourself a new ride!!!! Biker And yes, please do post pics, im interested....Is rust quite common over there? i know you live near water, but I thought it was fresh water and not salty ocean water. (edit): I just read your later post about having an ocean view at your new apartment. Lucky guy.

Bamul wrote:

Whoa ha hoa!!! dang, that's great, Bamul! Skaara and I need an invite to the wedding  :P

Bamul wrote:
Nuclear, if you have an Instagram account then you could follow me and Skaara on there
Nah, I don't have and IG. I've been thinking about getting one, but I just haven't gotten around to it. A couple of my buddies overhear keep asking me to sign up tho. I'll message you  guys if I ever get an instagram account Robot

Skaara Dreadlocks wrote:
And looking at photos of russian biker babes all day long ;)
Yes, russian girls are still very cyka blyat to me. I even put a sticker of one on my rear cruiser. I would upload it but my phone for some reason ins't linking up correctly to my computer. I will post it gosh dang it Rant
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Here is that rattlesnake picture I promised

Count to 2033 - Page 5 2018-09-08_07.50.29_1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Count to 2033
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next