D-6 Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Guns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

Bullets : 2248

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Guns   Guns EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 12:07 am

Post about any gun experiences you may have had are going to. Any thoughts about firearms and their impact in society etc. JUST TALK ANYTHING GUN-RELATED . Guns

I've been promising a preview of my newly acquired firearms to Bamul. I haven't taken any photos except for one; which is my Yugoslavian SKS. The year of it is unknown (however, I believe it's 60's-80's production). I have to do a serial-number check-up to determine year of manufacture.  I received it in what was considered "unissued" condition. When I got it, the gun was packed in Comie-block cosmoline (it's a heavy packing grease that helps preserve guns  for long storage). The entire gun had a thick film of it....I mean, it was everywhere. I went through a couple of medium sized towels to remove it all.  

BTW, I have some important info concerning the cosmoline and the SKS, Bamul. Im sure your friend's gun is shooting fine, but just in case....ya know.

I went ahead and purchased some modern russian ammo and took it shooting. The thing is very accurate. I didn't even have to adjust the sights.

WELL HERE SHE IS, IN ALL HER GLORY:

SKS:

I was shooting at a steel target set at about 200 yards ( ~183 Meters). Target measured in at 12-inches diameter (about 30cm diameter)

Target:

I was able to hit it a few times, but not as many times as I had missed  Laugh
More pictures to come of SKS as well as the Yugo handgun that I got

Back to top Go down
https://d-6underground.forumotion.com
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 am

I believe I've acquired a handful of information concerning firearms. IF anyone has a question, feel free to ask me. If you happen to get a firearm, I feel confident enough to instruct someone on proper cleaning techniques etc (especially on old soviet era weapons).

Bamul, ON THE SKS:

Within cycling 30-rounds, i experienced a bullet lodged halfway down the barrel. I didn't blow up, thankfully. The bullet that got lodged was the last bullet in the magazine. If

there happened to be another one in the mag and I squeezed the trigger with an object lodged in the barrel, then I might no be here typing this. HAHA. Anyway, I figured out the

problem and found the solution. I don't want to bore you with the process, but go ahead and ask you're buddy if he has ever heard of a thing called "SLAM FIRE" or

experienced problems shooting his SKS. If nothing has happened since the time that he's had it, then I doubt he'll come across any problems in the future. Really, the reason I had

the problem was the firing pin was "jammed up" by the cosmoline grease. IF I had done a better job cleaning the gun, then I wouldn't have run across this problem (but one learns

from their mistakes, right). If your buddy got his gun without it being packed in grease, then I say "no worries."
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 am

Very nice, she’s a real beauty – thanks for sharing! Guns Happy to hear that you sorted it out, wouldn’t want ya to actually go nuclear and blow yourself up. :P

As for my gun experiences, well we’ve already talked about it plenty in the past so for now I will just list the firearms I’ve had the pleasure of using thus far, in order from first ever to most recent: Glock pistol (sadly I have no idea which one it was), vz. 58 V „Vuzetka” assault rifle, TT-33 „Tetetka” handgun, Nagant M1895 revolver, SKS semi-automatic rifle (well, duh!), AKM „Kalash” assault rifle, Mosin–Nagant M91 bolt-action rifle, PM-63 „Rak” submachinegun, PPSh-41 „Pepesha” submachinegun, Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun, M4 Carbine, and Colt 1911 pistol. Also worth noting that, sadly, all the guns capable of automatic fire that I used I have only fired in semi-auto due to restrictions in Europe.
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Bamul wrote:
Happy to hear that you sorted it out, wouldn’t want ya to actually go nuclear and blow yourself up. :P

Haha Laugh
---------------------------------------
I believe gun restrictions are pretty harsh everywhere when it comes to using a full-auto firearm in the civilian market. In the U.S., you are able to acquire a certain license that allows you to own and operate a full-auto, but it is rather expensive; and, to me, not worth the price. In addition to the cost of the license, the price for a full-auto firearm is supper expensive. It can be done, but the government doesn't want people owning full-autos and prefer to hold them exclusively for military use.

And "oh dang!" A PPSh, huh? Now that is a gun. That has been one of my dream guns since, well, forever :p Sadly, in the U.S., the PPSH is rare to come by as an "intact" gun. From what i've seen, the PPSH's are brought over from overseas and cut-apart into several pieces. The gun dealers sell the scraped PPSH to people as a parts-kit. It is up to the buyer to take home all the parts and re-weld the gun together. It's super stupid and I don't see the logic behind it. What a way to ruin such an awesome gun. It can be done, but it's a task most people won't feel comfortable doing. And once it's put back together, it will no longer be a full-auto firearm.

I really wish I was in Europe Smile I dig their firearms more than what I do for any US gun. They seem a little odd, but they're dependable. Awesome shooting experience BTW. keep it up
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 pm

For those of us who can't seem to hit anything with a handgun, here is an image with text describing different common mistakes that lead to poor shooting and how to correct it.

Shooting techniques:
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 am

Damn, that really sucks about the PPSh in the US... what a waste! Rant

Thanks for the infographic, looks useful. I tend to jerk the trigger quite a bit (when trying the M1911, I tried to control the recoil too much, but usually this not at all a problem for me). Rifles are so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

Bullets : 205

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 10:14 am

There aint no better gun than the AA-12! Just watched this movie over again recently, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Empty

Back to top Go down

Guns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D-6 Underground :: Off-Topic :: General Chat-
Jump to: