D-6 Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBambo

Bullets : 14

Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements Empty
PostSubject: Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements   Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 8:28 pm

(SPOILERS FOR METRO EXODUS AHEAD)

Sooo... Dmitry Glukhovsky has revealed that there will be a sequel to Metro Exodus and I have a prediction of a story element that might be prevalent.

I predict that there will be a "Scorched Earth" Campaign being held by the Hansa, since at the beginning of Exodus' story, one of the Radio Jammers was temporarily disabled by the actions of Artyom and Anya. It was down and offline up until they managed to secure the Aurora train, which can be anywhere between 15 minutes to a half-hour of time; depending on your playstyle being assault or stealth during this chapter.

Which begs the question.... how many stations heard the outside world?

I predict that there will be a sort of civil war going on in the Metro. People now knowing that there are outside signals will want to leave or be fed false information of an occupying force and then put to further isolation out of fear. The result would be chaos along the southern region of the Moscow Metro.

And what of the Spartan Order? Colonel Mel'nikov was declared a traitor and later died at the end of Exodus, leaving the Spartan Order to Artyom as it's Commander. But if Artyom is going back to Moscow and it has been likely two years since the starting events of Exodus played out. Which begs the question of will there be a sub-plot of Spartan Leadership Succession?

With some of the Spartan Order probably siding with the truth of the fact that the outside world is habitable, while the other half of the Spartans believe the lies and follow a new "puppet-commander" that the Invisible Watchers have put in place to keep order as they deem it; it is likely that one of Artyom's main goals would be to unify the Spartan Order as its new leader and become the primary faction to overcome the Moscow Metro.

I predict that Metro Exodus' sequel will be another partial-open world taking place in Moscow itself. Artyom and most of the others from the Aurora team returning to Moscow to bring light upon the truth, expose the Invisible Watchers at GO-42, accidentally add fuel to the fires of another war within the Metro, and have multiple endings depending on your choices. But instead of a single good/bad ending scheme, I am hopeful for a multi-faceted ending like the ones we have seen in the likes of Fallout. Where your actions with certain factions and individuals have had a lasting effect on the narrative. The best of which is that Artyom lives, exposes the truth, settles the war, and begins a Mass Exodus of the peoples to Lake Baikal for a new life. The worst of which would likely see the Moscow Metro be slowly burned by the war, Artyom dies, and in an effort to take Lake Baikal for themselves; the Invisible Watchers and Hanza nuke Moscow from within the Metro; ensuring that they alone would live in this land of luxury to the East.

I also predict that Pavel from Last Light will make a return and be an ally of Artyom in this civil war. Perhaps he might get his own DLC story again?

These are just some plot elements that I believe will make up the sequel to Metro Exodus, but we know barely anything other than the fact that Artyom seeks to return to Moscow and save the peoples.

Thoughts anyone?
Back to top Go down
RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBambo

Bullets : 14

Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements   Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 6:31 pm

I honestly wonder if the story will be something akin to "The 400 Days" from Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1?

A multi-protagonist story which is centered around Artyom, Khan, Ulman, Pavel, and perhaps a few other named characters?
Back to top Go down

Prediction for Exodus Sequel story elements
Page 1 of 1