D-6 Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

What's new with you?

Go down 
+4
Skaara Dreadlocks
Bamul
MrKomo
Leapmaster
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Leapmaster

Bullets : 13

What's new with you? Empty
PostSubject: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 6:50 am

Excited to talk about something, but don't feel like it justifies its own thread? Talk about it here! Feel free to discuss general life events, thoughts about the forum, whatever you feel like as long as it's new to you.
Back to top Go down
MrKomo
The Secretary
MrKomo

Bullets : 148

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 8:11 am

Looking for a new HDD as the current one is acting up. Keeps disappearing from the BIOS, however returns with no issues after a checkdisk run. No bad sectors, no health issues, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 am

Komo, I think I might be having a similar issue. Random crashes for many months now - happening once daily - but no issues coming up in any diagnostics software, no bad sectors, etc. I figured I might as well get a new PC once I have some more money around September/October this year.
Back to top Go down
Eissa

Eissa

Bullets : 17

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:44 am

Start to spend more time for my love of martial arts; HEMA, Ju jitsu, Horseback archery. Its all awesome! Hopefully for the latter i would easily work my way to be an archery instructor someday hehe :P
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

Bullets : 205

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Eissa wrote:
Start to spend more time for my love of martial arts; HEMA, Ju jitsu, Horseback archery. Its all awesome! Hopefully for the latter i would easily work my way to be an archery instructor someday hehe :P

Ah, you do HEMA? I do Bohurt, I was at a tournament in København in Denmark recently and met a group of HEMA guys who tried half-drunk rapier fencing with no shirt on and with our Bohurt-helmets on their heads, it was so hilarious to watch! Laugh
We told one of them "Hit me with your two-handed HEMA sword as hard as you can while I'm wearing the helmet!", and the HEMA guy just tapped him, and he was like "No, hit me as hard as you can! Swing the damn sword!", and the HEMA dude did the same weird whip-like motion and tapped the helmet again just a little harder. So one of the other Bohurt guys came over, grabbed the sword, and swung it like ten times harder right into the helmet so the sword got bent! Laugh
But HEMA is awesome though, I'm considering maybe trying it out sometime Smile
Back to top Go down
Eissa

Eissa

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Skaara Dreadlocks wrote:
Eissa wrote:

Ah, you do HEMA? I do Bohurt, I was at a tournament in København in Denmark recently and met a group of HEMA guys who tried half-drunk rapier fencing with no shirt on and with our Bohurt-helmets on their heads, it was so hilarious to watch! Laugh
We told one of them "Hit me with your two-handed HEMA sword as hard as you can while I'm wearing the helmet!", and the HEMA guy just tapped him, and he was like "No, hit me as hard as you can! Swing the damn sword!", and the HEMA dude did the same weird whip-like motion and tapped the helmet again just a little harder. So one of the other Bohurt guys came over, grabbed the sword, and swung it like ten times harder right into the helmet so the sword got bent! Laugh
But HEMA is awesome though, I'm considering maybe trying it out sometime Smile

It was my only option of western martial art in here three years ago, sadly i've yet to attend a tournament. Though HEMA teach me a lot about armor so i get many reference when designing one in a LARP. Currently i am seldom do course and just take a bit of irregular messer class (just you know i bring my own kriegmesser :P ) with one of the instructor if time permit. I mostly do mounted archery and quite often attend a competition of it, the most recent was 3 months ago

Yeah you dont just hit any part of armor let alone a steel helmet with your blade, it useless. However western bastard sword were designed often with slightly sharpened crossguard that you could use as makeshift hammer to deliver percussion damage. This is called half swording technique for virtually every european school of fencing, though in german i believe there is separate etymology and slightly altered technique.
Sadly, for everything that is glorious and good of infantry combat technique in HEMA, they didn't really teach much about cavalry and horsemanship except maybe jousting. As a horseman i found it slightly dissapointing  :P
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey, Eissa - don't know if your birth date here is the real one, but if it is then happy birthday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eissa

Eissa

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Bamul wrote:
Hey, Eissa - don't know if your birth date here is the real one, but if it is then happy birthday. Smile

Oh thank you!! :D

i'm happy that so many people in the internet right now congratulating me of my birthday Laugh
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 11:00 am

Eissa wrote:
Yeah you dont just hit any part of armor let alone a steel helmet with your blade, it useless. However western bastard sword were designed often with slightly sharpened crossguard that you could use as makeshift hammer to deliver percussion damage. This is called half swording technique for virtually every european school of fencing, though in german i believe there is separate etymology and slightly altered technique.

Ah yes, but we don't do half-swording in Bohurt because, well, it would be dangerous! :P If you're talking about turning the sword upside-down and swinging the crossguard as a hammer, I believe this is specifically called Mordhau Smile
Late congratulations btw!

So what's new with me lately? Well, everything. Summer is coming up, and everything is just falling together like pieces in the perfect puzzle, my life has never been this great and I'm pretty sure I'm in the prime time/age of my life;
#1: After two years of car-mechanic-apprenticeship I finally got the full-paid job with a great salary and it's a great job that I am very satisfied with. And with the money, I:
#2: Moved out from parents' house half a year ago and finally living for myself now so I can do what I want.
#3: Got the Motorcycle license and an awesome motorcycle, my childhood dream has come true.
#4: After hard training in Bohurt for a year now, it is all kicking off for me - Tournaments are popping up as summer is here (already recently been to my first tournament), and we've finally started a new group in Norway's capital, Oslo, where many new people are interested and will soon come to our training sessions so we will be way more people and the sport might finally grow and get some recognition in this country, and we'll get more fighters Smile
#5: In the middle of it all there's always been something missing; I've been very lonely in my apartment. Just a few friends, and specifically no girlfriend. Now that has changed, as I met a really nice girl in the neighbouring city about a month ago and we've got things going good!
#6: With all of this in mind, my vacation is coming up in one month, I'm going for an awesome 1-week mountain hiking trip in the Norwegian mountains just like last year, and I'm taking a long 3-4 day trip with my motorcycle and a tent across some mountains and north-ways along the west coast of Norway.
#7: I got a fidget spinner.

Now that everything's so great, I'm feeling like it's all too good to be true. I've got this growing feeling that something has got too happen that'll make it all fall apart. And I think I know what it is that I'm afraid of; crashing on my motorcycle could cost me all of it in the blink of an eye. Ending up in the hospital for months, or even just an injury that I could be at home with, could cost me so much: The broken motorcycle and/or the ability to ride it for the rest of the season, my license to get around with for both the motorcycle and my car which means it would be difficult for me to meet with my girlfriend anymore, perhaps even cost me my job, and of course the ability to part-take in any Bohurt. So even though I'm getting bolder and more eager on my bike, I'm also being attentive and careful Freak[/quote]
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Congrats on all the great stuff, Skaara! Stay safe, bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Night

Lady Night

Bullets : 127

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Nothing much with me. Teaching my of age teenage kids to shoot and to use martial arts to defend themselves....of course my martial arts don't focus on one school its a heavy heathy hearty mix. Running errands usual lesbian mom in father role things
Back to top Go down
Eissa

Eissa

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

so much fun in steppe

apparantly gif couldn't be posted here so i just send you some link

https://imgur.com/5UEGIQf

https://imgur.com/5M1uMHe
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Eissa wrote:
so much fun in steppe

apparantly gif couldn't be posted here so i just send you some link

https://imgur.com/5UEGIQf

https://imgur.com/5M1uMHe

That is awesome!

Last autumn I broke a finger in Bohurt and had to wear a big bandage over it for a while. Well, guess what, it happened again! Only this time, it wasn't bohurt, it was my bike. I had a strange sound in the drivechain so I rolled it forward slowly with the engine off and stuck my finger down to carefully lift the chain up to see if the noise would stop by lifting it up from a plastic thing that I thought it was sliding against. And you guessed it, the chain just sucked itself onto my finger and dragged it in between the chain and the cog wheel. Luckily it was just like 1/4 of the tip on my middlefinger, but it was still a decent chunk of my finger that just got crushed/grinded/cut/ inbetween the cog and the chain. Luckily I managed to stop the bike since it wasn't rolling very fast, and set it on the support. My finger wasn't stuck in there, I just pulled it right back because the stuff that got in there just got bitten right off. A whole lotta blood, and it didn't look very appealing Blah . Now I'm back to a bigass bandage and those horrible anti-biotic pills against infection. It just really sucks for me to have any handy-cap on my hands because I use them so much for Bohurt, work, riding my bike etc.

Luckily the bone wasn't injured, just got a very slight cut at the tip that made a very tiny fragment come off. I'm just glad it wasn't half my finger :P
Back to top Go down
Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Bullets : 11

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 pm

I recently joined my regiments "historical vehicle troop" which fixes up old vehicles we used to use. As of right now we are working on rebuilding the engine on a Centurion tank by salvaging 3 other old monuments from around the base. It's pretty cool to rebuild old things like that and I hope to see it run again soon.
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:36 am

Nice, must be pretty great to see an old machine restored to working order.

Anyone else up for joining the RP? We need just one more person to get started.
Back to top Go down
MrKomo
The Secretary
MrKomo

Bullets : 148

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 am

Bamul wrote:
Anyone else up for joining the RP? We need just one more person to get started.

I'm contemplating, but I have not participated in the previous runs and I am generally busy with work on weekdays, so I might not post regularly.
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 11:21 am

MrKomo wrote:
I'm contemplating, but I have not participated in the previous runs and I am generally busy with work on weekdays, so I might not post regularly.

That should be fine, I haven't taken part in ages either. And the RP will likely alternate between periods of high and low activity.
Back to top Go down
Thelastknown1
Kurt Trenkel
Thelastknown1

Bullets : 48

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 9:19 am

I started making a stock and for end for my revolver, just for the ''Metro feel''

The fore end is around 70 percent done, it needs a different color, and it needs some polishing.

Some pics:
What's new with you? Img_9411

What's new with you? Img_9412

What's new with you? Img_9410

Back to top Go down
Lady Night

Lady Night

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 am

Fake gun right? If not you need SBR stamp to add a stock
Back to top Go down
Thelastknown1
Kurt Trenkel
Thelastknown1

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 10:27 am

Yes, it's a blank firing one, you can see on the last pic the barrel is solid.
Back to top Go down
Lady Night

Lady Night

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:24 am

Thelastknown1 wrote:
Yes, it's a blank firing one, you can see on the last pic the barrel is solid.
good
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Looking good man - as always, please keep us updated about the project (might be best to start a topic for it tbh).
Back to top Go down
Thelastknown1
Kurt Trenkel
Thelastknown1

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 am

Will do, work starts next week, do this project will be put into the fridge for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new with you?   What's new with you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new with you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D-6 Underground :: Off-Topic :: General Chat-
Jump to: