D-6 Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Count to 2033

Go down 
+4
Bamul
Skaara Dreadlocks
MrKomo
The Great and Mystical Ed
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

Bullets : 2406

Count to 2033 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 12:49 pm

That rattlesnake is mint, great picture! Biker

Yeah, I've been engaged since early June 2018 - I proposed to her on her birthday. And yeah, you're both getting invited, but I have no idea when we'll marry. We are quite young and financially unstable, so it will probably take a few years at least. I'm glad you have a new place with the gf, Skaara. And Nuclear, my brother is dating a British-American girl who was born in the US (so she has Americitizenship too) but raised here in the UK, plus she still has family in the States. So, maybe, with her help I'll be able to visit the US of A finally and meet you for that shooting trip in the desert that we wanted to do someday! Guns
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

Bullets : 205

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 1:26 pm

NuclearWastE3 wrote:

Dang, that sucks, but at least you got yourself a new ride!!!! Biker And yes, please do post pics, im interested....Is rust quite common over there? i know you live near water, but I thought it was fresh water and not salty ocean water.  (edit): I just read your later post about having an ocean view at your new apartment. Lucky guy.

I live by the coast, so it's mostly saltwater, but yes we do indeed have a lot of freshwater as well. But that's not the reason though.
They spray salt all over the roads during winter to prevent the roads to become icy, and all that salt mixes with the snow/sludge and becomes this horrid car-eating acid-mix. Yes, it's very common with rusty cars in Norway. The reason my new ride is in the shop is because, guess what, I'm fixing rust damage! I suppose you don't have this problem down in the desert, heh  Smile

Broken bolts can be a real pain, some of the worst things I know when it comes to fixing cars. Good luck with that! Laugh And yeah, Toyota has never been known for having good diesel engines, sadly Blah But hey, that rattlesnake picture is freakin' awesome, it looks really darn professional! Biker

Imagine how awesome it'd be if we came to Bamul's wedding Laugh
Back to top Go down
NuclearWastE3
The Toxic Avenger
NuclearWastE3

Bullets : 2248

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Kickass bamul. If you do manage to come over to the states, im in far west TEXAS. We'll make it happen. Likewise if I head out over there.... as well if I head near Norway; land of Skaara. Jawa

@Skaara; Dang man, that sucks about the rust climate. I know you can spray some black tar-type material on the underside; it's suppose to help minimize the effects of moisture and salt. Rust is present but very minimal hear in the desert. The sun will eat your paint, tho, and it will give your vehicle a patina. I wish you luck on repairing those rust spots. I hope it's nothing like rust holes around your body panels, floorboard, etc. Cheers.

And I might have explained my self wrong. My toyota is gasoline (petrol) powered. I  wish it was diesel  Smile However, with the side of the engine exposed to where I can see my valves, I sprayed some Diesel fuel, with a syringe, into each of the openings. I let it sit over night and wiped it clean   with a cleaning cloth. It did help break off some of  the gunk. I repeated the process a couple times. Just today I put everything back together, fired up the engine, and saw a giant plume of smoke shoot from the exhaust.  I hoping that it forced out most of the crud that was built up in there. I know you're not suppose to put diesel in a GAS engine, but it was a minimal amount that shouldn't have any negative effects....i hope  Crying
Back to top Go down
https://d-6underground.forumotion.com
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Got into a drunken street fight late last night lel
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 8:15 am

NuclearWastE3 wrote:
@Skaara; Dang man, that sucks about the rust climate. I know you can spray some black tar-type material on the underside; it's suppose to help minimize the effects of moisture and salt. Rust is present but very minimal hear in the desert. The sun will eat your paint, tho, and it will give your vehicle a patina. I wish you luck on repairing those rust spots. I hope it's nothing like rust holes around your body panels, floorboard, etc. Cheers.

Yeah, we have shops that spray Tectyl all over the underside of the car, but that's used on relatively new cars to prevent the rust from ever starting. If you spray it on an already rusted surface, you just make it worse. So we use a special type of linoleum oil on older cars to prevent the rust from getting worse. But hey, luckily we don't have the same problem with the sun and the paint as you do :P
I do have a rusted hole in the underside of one canal, but it's nothing I can't fix with some welding and an extra sheet of metal Smile
I was gonna put the new windshield back in last thursday after two weeks of waiting but it was broken during shipping so I have to wait another two weeks for the next windshield...  Freak  Rant

NuclearWastE3 wrote:
And I might have explained my self wrong. My toyota is gasoline (petrol) powered. I  wish it was diesel  Smile However, with the side of the engine exposed to where I can see my valves, I sprayed some Diesel fuel, with a syringe, into each of the openings. I let it sit over night and wiped it clean   with a cleaning cloth. It did help break off some of  the gunk. I repeated the process a couple times. Just today I put everything back together, fired up the engine, and saw a giant plume of smoke shoot from the exhaust.  I hoping that it forced out most of the crud that was built up in there. I know you're not suppose to put diesel in a GAS engine, but it was a minimal amount that shouldn't have any negative effects....i hope  Crying

Oh sorry, I just assumed it was diesel, it's very common for them to get filled with soot, but not so much for petrol engines. I don't think putting that tiny ammount of diesel in there will do any damage at all. But I've heard about people that've cleaned their old engine so well that they've cleaned away all the soot that has kept it together, so it started leaking all sorts of stuff. Might just be a joke though :P Most likely it'll do good for the engine Smile

Bamul wrote:

Got into a drunken street fight late last night lel

Good ol' punky boi Bamul :D I hope you showed those cyka blyats your Polish Power Biker Guns
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Haha, guess I did Skaara. I was outnumbered though. Posted some more details of how it all went down on the Skype chat, if yous are interested.))
Back to top Go down
Clear Sky Stalker
Spartan Ranger
Clear Sky Stalker

Bullets : 37

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Oh my God, you Guys are still alive!? I thought all the Spambots from the MLL Forums came over and killed you all!
Back to top Go down
Skaara Dreadlocks
Chivalrous Knight
Skaara Dreadlocks

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 11:55 am

Clear Sky Stalker wrote:
Oh my God, you Guys are still alive!? I thought all the Spambots from the MLL Forums came over and killed you all!

Oh hey man so good to hear from you! Yeah we're kinda still here, I guess the very last few comments actually were the last ones ever, more or less. We've got a little skype-chat going if you wanna join? Smile
Back to top Go down
Clear Sky Stalker
Spartan Ranger
Clear Sky Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Sadly I don't have Skype though I am on Discord sometimes if any of you guys use that, though admittedly I'm hardly ever on my Computer anymore though I still check back from time to time. Imagine my surprise when I saw my old Stalker and Ranger pals from the good ole days?Smile
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Wow, it's nice to see a familiar face from so long ago around here!
Unfortunately we are pretty much dead as people have moved on to other things, but that's pretty much the destiny of old-school forums nowadays.
Back to top Go down
The Great and Mystical Ed

Bullets : 2241

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 8:30 am

I might have missed the boat but it's been a while, lads.
Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm

So did 4A Games. This place was practically doomed to die without any official support from the game devs. Frown
Back to top Go down
Clear Sky Stalker
Spartan Ranger
Clear Sky Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 11:47 am

Hey fellow Rangers, so has everyone managed to get their hands on Exodus? If so what are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Bamul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Bamul

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 4:18 pm

I'm still waiting on the Steam version.
Back to top Go down
Clear Sky Stalker
Spartan Ranger
Clear Sky Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 4:12 pm

Ah yeah, that whole thing with Epic is really pissing people off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count to 2033   Count to 2033 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Count to 2033
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6